Hats Off To You...

...yes, hats off to you my boss !!! Whenever I crib about my workplace either here or to friends/family/loved ones/not-so-loved ones there is invariably one response (the motives behind the response, ofcourse, are vastly different) - "Why don't you shift your job?" I have answered this question in different ways ...mostly framing my answer to suit what the other person expects to hear.
However, the heartfelt truth is ...I continue to be where I am 'cos of my boss. I have learnt (and continue to do so) a lot of things from him. He is less than 30 and is hugely successful in his professional life. But what I like best about him is the individual that he is...kind,caring and honest.
He continues to inspire not jus me but our entire team. I have seen people stay late in office to finish a job, just 'cos it's for him. And no, it's not blind boss worship...
He often says "If an assignment goes wrong, I take the brickbats, if it goes right, my team gets the bouquet" and we all know he means what he says.
He dreams big, like all professionals in his league, but what makes him different is that he makes you dream the same dream.
And everyone in my workplace knows that tomorrow if he leaves, the team will leave with him. Now that's what I call a leader in the truest sense. And so, once again boss, hats off to you...

Comments

bombay dosti said…
HEy... but whats it about him that makes him a good leader.. would be great if you could shree with us what you learnt from him ...
co..can really see that even you mean what you are saying..
Tinkerbells said…
Ok HR Manager! I can see why u r interested...so let me try...I think most important is to be genuine...If you can do somethng when someone approaches you, then do so if not don't give false hopes...
Second is to include others in ur dreams...not easily possible as most often we look at our own career graphs...not the organisation as a whole...but again as my boss keeps saying...u can't have a triangle without a base...So dream for others too...
And thirdly, be fair...reward people for their work not anythng else...very simple but very difficult in a corporate environment...
These r 3 that has top of mind recall...Will include others in another post...

Popular Posts