Oops!

I almost missed the Feb 14 post...'cos I celebrated it a day early...if seeing the hubby in a surgeon's garb inside an OT while rushing from one meeting to another qualifies as a celebration ...As far as material possessions go, I got a lovely watch as a gift...a much needed one, as my earlier one was dying on me...

Love is a complicated emotion....loving the same person over several years is even more complicated...as people evolve and grow, their ambitions, dreams, hopes, likes and dislikes all transform - sometimes, not leaving behind anything that you loved about him/her in the first place...

Many couples, who claim they are still very much in love with each other are actually in love with the shadows of the other person...loving the memories of a good time and holding on to it tenaciously...others, embrace change and find the strength to love the new individual and celebrate it...

Isn't falling in love a heady feeling? You and me have both changed....from uniform clad teenagers, eager to share our views of an idealistic world with each other to busy professionals trying to juggle between professional and personal committments....Our love has also changed...from dreaming about being in each others arms to actually being in each others arms....from emotion dripping Archies cards (afterall, the price has gone up from Rs 5 to Rs 100...) to practical gifts...

But, there is still love...I love you, sweetheart...and I love falling in love with you as life moves on....

Comments

Popular Posts