G for Goals

Yea, the official 'The Year That Was' post is here...

I had set myself quite some goals at the beginning of the year. Most didn't happen - I didn't write a book, didn't join piano lessons and I am yet to fully master driving my car. But, I am glad I went through 2015. It was a very tough year for me personally and professionally, but sometimes adversity opens up opportunities of a lifetime !

The year has given me the courage to take the plunge and try out a few things which I always wanted to and so 2016 is gonna be one of the best years of my life ! The year has also given me amazing clarity on what I want from the next 5 years - the last time I had this kind of clarity was about 5 years back and that journey has given me what I had set my eyes on at that point in time.

I guess I am used to planning my life in 5 year chunks. In my 8th std, I was clear that I wanted to crack the Engg. entrance in 12th. In my 3rd year of college, I was clear on wanting an MBA and how my next 5 yrs should be. Birth of kid 1 and kid 2 were confusing and tiring periods - yes, they are a joy like no other, but parenting in the first 2 years have been tough for me - I am just not cut out for it. Well, now I have clarity on what I want the next 5 years to be like - the how is still getting polished !

For the first time in my life, I am off on a personal trip all by myself - with just my son in tow. I am sceptical of how my younger one will handle the absence and so we will go on a very short trip - just 5 days.

Wishing you all joy and fun during this festive season...See you all on the other side of 2016...



Comments

Popular Posts