And Miles to Go...

When a highly educated and professionally successful woman who has had a life time of support from her hubby in her career growth, goes on to say "You should always prioritize your husband's happiness for a happy home...men and women are not equal in a marriage..." , it not only reeks of hypocrisy,  but also endlessly pains me that the hope for women is still far far away !
 
Thankfully, it also increased my steely resolve to teach my son that marriage is a relationship between two compatible individuals who try their best to help the other person be happy ! I am also proud of myself that when said conversation happened, I was able to vocally express my disagreement in a stern and non-dramatic mannner.
 
It is another matter though that I burst into tears later, and the bitter after taste of the conversation has still not left me completely !

Comments

Popular Posts