Update!

Well, it was tough, but I managed. I managed to be polite and sweet to my son. He did test my patience at times and more than him other people did. But I remembered my promise to myself and instead of taking it out on my son, I looked at him and started singing to him. When he refused to eat (which gets me upset in a major way), I just got up and left, instead of going ahead with a screaming match. He ate most of the time and the one or two odd times he didn't I realized it is much better to let him be...

So, motivated by this success, I am moving to my next goal: Start waking up at 6:00 am in the morning. It is quite tough, because most days I sleep only by 12:00PM. But my sleep wake up routine has been really going topsy-turvy with no schedule whatsoever, and I want to change that before my mom leaves for US. Even on days when I sleep by 10:30 - 11:00 I wake up only by 7:00 AM, primarily because at least one of us needs to be with the baby. But, I hope to wake up and sit next to my son and maybe read a book. Or do some exercise...whatever it is, I want to do this and not keep giving excuses to myself.
So here they are:

1. Do not shout at my son

2. Wake up by 6:00 AM.
I am planning to start tomorrow with the second one. Let me see how I progress....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok, I got motivated by you and decided to turn vegetarian for a year:)Started on March 1st!
-Meena chechi
Tinkerbells said…
Wow! Now that is one thing I would never want to do...Both K and self get serious withdrawal symptoms if we do that :P
Technolect said…
Gr8 going Tinkerbells.. Keep up your good work.. I am tryig to draw inspiration from your goals...

Popular Posts