Thoughts - Some Random, Some Deliberate

The other day, couple of my male colleagues were discussing how important it was for them to reach home early when their spouses are ill. A strange wistfulness filled my heart and it took me a herculean effort to supress it from outpouring into my face ...that was a random unexpected thought.."I wish my hubby was like that". Given the nature of his profession, and his own nature (and mine too), he hardly comes home early "just 'cos you are not feeling well".

And then I deliberately thought about it some more and realised that it was just a case of grass being greener on the other side...My hubby is quite a hands on father and though he might not come home early when I am sick, he will make sure I am cured...

The last time I threw myself behind a truck, he didn't come rushing to me...but, he did say "If you bleed from your ears or nose, come to the hospital immediately...else just relax, put some ice on your bruises and take it cool !"

Practical and pragmatic advice...

Then, the other day I went for my routine blood test and asked hubby "Should I check my ESR levels?" They were haywire the last time I fell sick, and I thought checking it now made sense. However, he surprised me with his response, "I don't think you need to, you look perfectly healthy !" I mumbled to myself on why he was not concerned, but nevertheless chose to go by his professional wisdom..so gave my blood for the routine tests and went to work. He called back a few hours later and said, "Your ESR levels are normal. I got it checked ...I just didn't want you to worry about it. "

Sometimes, love manifests itself in such strange ways, doesn't it?


Comments

Popular Posts