Something Positive...

This space has become my agony aunt of sorts! I used to tell myself that I can be who I am in this space as very few people visit the blog and I enjoyed the anonymity which was otherwise denied to me in real life. Over a period of time, however, I started pouring out all my sorrows and frustrations here - the ones which I could never share with anyone in person! But, I love this space a lot and I don't want to look back years later and feel 'Oh, what a grumpy person, I was!'

So, here is a bunch of things that I am happy about - right now.

1. Self worth is determined by 'self': For a long time, I struggled to arrive at a definition of self worth - I associated it with success - success garnered without stomping on another's feet - doing the 'right' thing. This path was super difficult. Now, I have accepted that life is ! Yes, life is. Nothing more, nothing less.  Anu had shared a link on FB about a Children's Book - Zoom - and it reiterated more powerfully than any intellectual discussion on how insignificant we all are...This coupled with a short discussion with my ophthalmologist - yea, of all people, an eye doctor, to cure the heart ! - helped me realise that I can and should live only in the present - the rest be damned. I feel liberated and happy - free from worrying about being judged !

2. My younger one: Yes, I have now tonnes of reasons to be happy about her - she still eats pathetically, but that apart - she is at that interesting age where her unique personality and intelligence shines through - before being moulded by schools and society. This virgin intelligence is a delight to watch and enjoy. I used to enjoy this period of my son as well! And to see, how each individual is sooo uniquely crafted by God - that's a true miracle.

3. My elder one: He is quickly turning out to be my best buddy ! We do have our squabbles around obedience, hard work etc. but I know he will make his woman laugh - just like his dad does!

4. My hubby: Yes, life is not easy, and he is not making it easier ! But, he is still a treasure - the way he makes me laugh, the way he gets confused on whether to prioritize his happiness or mine - the way he leads his life - I am glad I chose him !

I am at a happy place right now - I usually feel this way in April, so not sure what triggered this post !

As the wise say, with acceptance comes peace and with peace comes lasting happiness !  After all, I happily accepted the bunch of unexpected kisses that came my way today morning !

Comments

Popular Posts