On My Job, and Then Some More…

Yea, I am in love with my job…And I am writing it down here, so that when my appraisal results are out, and I feel wretched, I can come back and read this post. The job offers almost everything that I look forward to from a job – independence to make key decisions, an intelligent group of people to work with, and most importantly being able to use my intelligence. This is one job which has really recognized my ability to think faster than most people (yes, yes I am bragging, but I know its true) and ideate creatively. I enjoy it when people openly tell me that they think my idea is a killer one…

 

And because my office is physically located almost 600 kms away from the main office, I don't have to get involved in the day to day games that people play…Well, it also has a flip side…No one knows the kind of good work that I do in my job and if the one person who has visibility on what I do refuses to let the larger audience know about it, then my appraisals will truly be affected. I personally don't believe in self promotion, as I believe it is my boss's job to see if I am good or bad and take necessary actions either way..Which doesn't often happen in the corporate world….If you want to grow, you do shameless self promotion, and if you can add a healthy dose of why others are not as good as you then all the more better…However, I refuse to do that…maybe it would limit my growth, maybe it won't…But I won't get another person's life to experiment with, and so I am experimenting with my own…Trying to see if it is true that if you do your job well, rewards will automatically come to you…Sounds naïve?

 

On other news, I am down with fever along with my son; I am planning for an international vacation without my hubby; and I hate the fact that my workplace allows you to read blogs but doesn't allow to comment on them…some restriction on freedom of opinion, I say…I also miss couple of my very good friends…Anu, Rakhi, Mrinalini, Sudhir, Jopu etc…and I have couple of days free this week and the next , so I plan to spend time talking to each one of them…I also plan to revive my spiritual quotient by visiting some temples that I have always wanted to visit…Let's see which of these actually happen…

Comments

rocksea said…
have a good trip tinkerbells, hope you and your son is keeping good by now.
Tinkerbells said…
@rocksea: good to see u here after a long time. Where have u guys settled down? Yea, we have recovered...it was a normal monsoon flu..

Popular Posts