Baby Update

I am in this absolute mommy mood and I feel like writing about my baby…It's been ages since I wrote anything about him in this space and I feel this will be the only space that would hold my precious memories when I get too old to remember…And I am currently surrounded by people who make me feel child rearing is a really tough job, so I want to think some pleasant reasons why I still do it the way I do it…

1. He has his own peculiar hip shaking dance. And often he expects me to join in. I have never danced with such gay abandon with anyone else…The way his face glows when I join in, is enough to cheer me up instantly.

2. He would rush to rub your hand , if you say that your hand hurts…He expects the same pampering back when he falls too…

3. He loves to be carried around on my back.

4. He has a very focused mind and it is difficult to distract him from something he likes/wants. When I am not in such a loving mood, I feel that he is stubborn, though I have nowhere to look except the mirror to know where he got that from…

5. He likes to experiment with new food, though I am unable to offer him the kind of variety that I would love to…

6. He has started joining two words together, though his overall vocab is not something I am very happy about…All vegetables are collectively referred to as 'cucu' which is short for cucumber and all my mom's things (powder, soap and mobile) are "beetam". For a long while I wondered what "Ganka" meant, till my mom figured that it was his "Thank You" …He used to call me "amma" , then shifted to "chechi" and now to "mama". Hubby had the privilege of being called "atha" (his version of acha), "daddy" ('cos the fisherwoman would lovingly ask him "monte daddy evide?") and finally "edeey" (thanks to me :P)

7. He can kiss, wave good bye and give a gut wrenching cry when visitors leave.

8. And he is still fond of traveling…After my recent accident, he was the one who made us all laugh the next day morning, when he took out his shoes from the shoe rack and came to me saying "tata"….

I wish I could be that positive about life!

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts