My Little Girl...

...is no longer that little...She recently celebrated her first birthday! She has been a charmer right throughout and the difficulty in feeding her, disappears the moment she smiles at me. She is far more physically attached to me than my elder one, though when it comes to emotional attachment and unconditional love and support, her brother still wins hands down! I am re-discovering the world of fashion and style - thanks to her. I finally managed to get a gown stitched and wore it for her b'day - something I wanted for my wedding reception, finally got done after 7 long years ! And, on that note, here is to you lil' one - my first letter on life lessons.

1. Aim for the Stars and let not anyone tell you that reaching midway is good enuf. You have the power to aim for the stars and actually reach there !
2. Try to have both Style and Substance - the world expects that of you, and your mom was misguided in her childhood to believe that only substance matters. However, if you really have to make a choice then always chose Substance Over Style - the former is more difficult to achieve, but once achieved has far more staying power than the latter.
3. Quoting from the movie 'How Old Are You' - Let no one else decide the expiry date of your dreams. Believe in your dreams - they are your biggest motivator when the chips are down.
4. Choose your partner wisely - Society hasn't changed much over the years when it comes to claustrophobic thinking about women and their rights. I don't expect society to change in your lifetime either. A partner who is truly one, can make it easier for you to BE the change that you want to see in the world around you.
5. Rebel it, live it - more on this later.
6. Understand that 'well-behaved' means different things to different people. Take your time defining your own yardstick, but once defined stick to it across people, places and circumstances.
7. Believe in magic. I for one, believe that 7 is a magical number and so will stop now.


 

Comments

Popular Posts