Forgiveness

Asking for forgiveness is never easy. It is even more difficult when the other person is not civil enough to accept it gracefully. Recently, I decided to ask someone for forgiveness...I decided to do it against my better judgement and ended up grovelling...

The process of begging went on for about a couple of hours and after a point in time, I relaised that I am just mechanically repeating "I am sorry" with no trace of emotion...The receiving party though seemed quite satisfied at having crushed my ego and chose that as an opportunity to extract her pound of flesh...

This happened almost a month back, and somehow that incident changed me fundamentally...My spirit got crushed so badly that I finally saw a few things that I was refusing to see...Have you ever asked someone for forgiveness more than once? If so, it would be a good idea to look back on how many times the other person has asked you for forgiveness...After all, everyone makes mistakes and if the apologies are flowing only one way, then in all probability you are in a relationship that you need to get out of...

I am still reeling under the shock of how an apology turned into emotional abuse...

Comments

Popular Posts