Lessons Well Learned...

Sometimes lessons learned in one context help you in a totally different context...like how branding concepts can be used to improve your own personality...

One of the best lessons I've learned during b-school came, not from text books (yea, I used to read them cover to cover), professors (yes, I used to listen to them too !) or CP (I hated it, like most b-schoolers!) ...It came during our orientation (a.k.a ragging) ... It lasted for a week and I enjoyed it 'cos it just tested mental strength and was never physical or spiteful or meant to crush you...And throughout this phase most seniors sported t-shirts with this tag-line "If it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger" ...At that time I was too naive and didn't quite comprehend what it meant...But, that lesson has stood me in good stead ever since...in various corporate situations and now even in personal life !

PS: This proliferation of posts is thanks to a gift from hubby - a brand new Thinkpad X300 ! Afterall, since I'm in the process of getting him a 'laptop' he decided to gift me with one too ! Although hopefully my gift will be more heavy ;)

Comments

bombay dosti said…
by the way, take care :) and that was funny! As always, laptop, heh? ;-)
Tinkerbells said…
@bd: yea, and the laptop has now arrived and is thankfully heavier than the thinkpad :)

Popular Posts