Wild Wayanad...

..that's where I was, two weeks back. And I was thoroughly smitten...Atleast if there is a heaven, I'd pretty much like it to be as pristine and wild (oxymoronic???) as Wayanad...I have never been to any other place where I could see deers on the roadside ... It was rainy season and the 'wise' elders realised that warnings of danger are not gonna make us change plans. They then resorted to teasing about "oh, you guys going for monsoon tourism , eh?" (the hidden innuendos of 'water kindling fire' very much in place) ...

We ofcourse ended up missing the 'Meenmutty Falls' and the 'Chembra Peak'...But there was still plenty to see around...and actually relax...the air I'm sure had more oxygen content or whatever ingredient that makes a human being happy...

Unlike the upteen school excursions to Thekkady, where one is lucky to see atleast an elephant, we actually saw wild boars, elephants, peacocks and even a wild hen....

The only grouch my civilised self had was an absence of television....
I left with a promise to return...


P.S My 'broad'band connection didn't cooperate, hence pictures later...

Comments

Popular Posts